Sunday, December 19, 2010

Beer Bread

Beer Bread, courtesy of Michelle Anslinger
This bread goes amazingly well with any soup for a completely satisfying warm meal! I had this at Michelle's house with her Italian Wedding Soup and it was so delicious. I will post her recipe for Italian Wedding Soup soon, and let me tell you, it is the BEST recipe for it I've tried including Giada DeLaurentiis' version!
I've tried different beers with it, and I honestly use what I have on hand, which is usually Michelob Ultra. But every beer I've tried it has always turned out great as well.
NOTE: Self Rising Flour is just the equivalent of 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
plus 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder and 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt.
Ingredients:
3 C Self Rising Flour
1/2 Sugar
1 12oz bottle of beer
1/4 C Melted Butter
Preheat oven to 350. Mix first three ingredients together, and pour into a 9x5 greased loaf pan. bake for 45 minutes or until done. While still warm, pour melted butter over bread and serve.
ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment