Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Goat Cheese, Part One


I love anything with goat chese. Goat cheese pizza, goat cheese pasta, goat cheese sandwiches, well you get the idea. Tonight, I looked in the fridge and discovered, rather rediscovered, that we had mini colored bell peppers...hmmm what would go better than goat cheese stuffed bell peppers? The answer? NOTHING!


While I was cutting and washing the mini bells, I had a roasted red bell going in the oven...yes, I do LOVE bell peppers too! I was so excited about my goat cheese that as soon as my red bell was done roasting, I cut into it, and topped a slice with some crumbled goat cheese....and yes, it was amazing! So, this is my first "Christy only" creation....no cook book, no recipe!


Goat cheese stuffed mini bells

12 mini bell peppers

1 roasted red bell pepper, peeled, seeded, and pureed

6-8 oz of goat cheese

Dried herbs (rosemary, thyme, Greek oregano)

Salt and pepper to taste


Cut the tops off of the mini bells, remove seeds, and membranes, rinse and set aside.

Mix the pureed roasted red bell pepper with the goat cheese.

Add salt, pepper, and herbs to taste.

Place goat cheese mixture in a gallon size ziplock bag, cut a small slit in the corner to form a piping bag to fill the mini bells

Pipe some of the mixture into each mini bell, top with more herbs if desired.

Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.


2 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME! I didn't even know there was such a thing as mini-bell peppers! Where do you find those? Recipe looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lady! Mini bells are hard to find. I got these at Costco last weekend for under $4 for a HUGE bag of them. They're a great snack!

    ReplyDelete